Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Time with Allen West

I west to the Sunbird Conservative Convention yesterday in Fresno, California with a friend. The event was for conservatives of California. Many local and state politicians and political reporters were there. The keynote speaker was, indeed, Allen West. We bought tickets for the balcony seats. So, we really didn't spend much. I was still excited and happy to be there. The event started and speakers came forth. I can look down at the arena, Allen West sitting at a table close to the stage. We had a short break and I left to the arena to catch a glimpse of Mr. West. As I was walking around, I couldn't see him. So, I left back up to the balcony. My friend then told me that she saw Mr. West pass by and go under the balcony. I told her that I was going to go back down and see. I went back and saw him as I pass through to the other area of the arena. I then came back and was able to say a few words to him and get a picture. His assistant took the picture with me and him. I then told him that I was planning on running for public office. "Go ahead," He stated,"We need conservatives like you in." He then asked if I came alone. I said to him "No. I'm here with my friend." As I pointed up she and others waved to him. He said "Well, let me come up there." Everyone at the balcony was very excited. I left back up and waited. The brake was over and a pannel was stating to talk. I looked to my right and saw Mr. West with his assistant. I poked my friend and she looked. Others and I quickly went over there. My friend got a picture and I was able to get an autograph. I asked him as I was getting ready to leave "Are you planning on running for president?" He answered "If God wills, I will." I left thrilled. As the day goes on I am anticipating his speech. Then he gets up at Tue end to speak. What a beautiful speech. I must say that was a Great day!


Posted via Blogaway

2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL loved you recounting you represent all of us when you do t these things you know and you make us proud

    ReplyDelete